Monday 24 December 2012

It is done!

It is done!  Christmas Eve and it's all done. I had my final treatment this afternoon. I can't begin to tell you the relief I felt at finally finishing!  You know the strangest thing happened though. I cried. Certainly tears of joy, don't get me wrong! I'm so joyful right now to be done with this phase. But there were also tears of sadness.  Over the past seven weeks, going into the hospital every day, I have gotten to know so many wonderful people that work in the Oncology department.  Beautiful souls that make it so much easier to bear the pain, the discomfort, the drudgery, and the fear of daily treatments.  There were plenty of hugs and tears today as I said thank you and good bye.

It won't really be good bye. I will still be heading back in to the RAH later this week to see the Dietician again and to see the oncologist. Plus, from this point onwards I now have weekly checks with them to monitor how I'm going.  The frequency of these check ups will change and get further apart as I progress in my healing.




No comments:

Post a Comment